cold cough remedy, Corriander tea, Dried Ginger, home made sukku malli kaapi powder recipe, Home made tea, how to make sukku malli kaapi powder, sukku malli kaapi
Do you have a sore throat, cold or flu? A perfect home made medicine is sukku malli kaapi. This is ideally made with karuppatti( Palm candy) since I did not have stock I have used jaggery.
Spring season is on and pollen allergy as well. First time I am experiencing the pollen allergy. As in India, we never had this allergy. I had a very bad sore throat, my hubby suggested me to prepare this suku malli kaapi( Tamil version of dried ginger, corriander seeds). It helps a lot during the cold, cough, sore throat. After having this yes I had some relief from the sore throat. It doesn’t have any caffeine. Also this helps in digestion.
Dry Ginger -1/2 inch length or Dry Ginger powder – 1 and a half table spoon
Corriander seeds – 1 1/2 table spoon
Cumin seeds – 1 table spoon
Black Pepper corns – 1 table spoon
To prepare tea:
Water – 200 to 250 ml
Palm jaggery/candy – 1 tablespoon ( I used Palm Jaggery)
Above ground mix – 1 tablespoon
- If you are using dry ginger, grind it to a smooth powder. I used the Ginger powder which we get in grocery.
- Next dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black peppercorns for 3 mins.
- And mix with the ginger powder and grind it to a fine powder mixture.
- Now your tea powder is ready.
- Next boil water and add the palm jaggery/sugar. I used palm Jaggery as it is very healthy.
- Now once it is in the boiling stage, add the tea powder and reduce the heat to Medium – low.
- Let it boil for 5 to 6 mins.
- Then have it hot.
- It really help when you have cold and flu.